What Makes a Printer Eco-Friendly?
A printer that saves you money and is good for your wellbeing is also most likely to be one that has the least negative impact on the environment. We recommend picking high yield printers, they give you more printouts per ink or toner cartridges being used. So if you're getting more page printouts per cartridge that means fewer empty cartridges reaching landfills.
Energy efficient printers are also eco friendly because they help lower your carbon footprint as well as your electric bills. When you compare inkjet printers to laser printers, inkjets usually use less energy than laser printers. Keep this in mind when purchasing your next printer.Another tip for picking an eco-friendly printer are ones that print on both sides of the page. That is because they letter paper by default which lets you prevent unnecessary paper waste. Other great tips:
- Use eco-friendly paper (recycled paper is a good option)
- Format your papers in smaller margins
- Print on both sides of the page
- Pick fonts that use less ink
- Above all: Don't print unless you have to
Eco-Friendly Printer Recommendations
- The Canon PIXMA MX922 Energy Star Wireless Inkjet Office All-in-One Printer is a good
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer helps you conserve resources with this energy star qualified printer. You can save on cartridge costs by letting you replace only the cartridge that runs out and by saving up to 50% less energy than other laser printers.
- HP Envy 4500 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier lets you save time and paper with the auto two sided printing option, is Energy Star qualified so that you know it will help you conserve resources.
- Epson C31CA85834 TM-T88V Direct Thermal Receipt Printer PAR Plus USB EDG PWR Energy Star, Monochrome is another good option if you're looking for environment friendly printers in 2015.
- Brother MFC8510DN Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax is Energy Star qualified and has a Deep Sleep mode to help reduce energy consumption and costs.
- Xerox ColorQube 8570DN Color Solid Ink Printer is another good option that is Energy Star qualified, with good user reviews and an auto duplex printing option
Pick the Right Ink & Toner CartridgesRemanufactured inks are a good idea environmentally speaking. These cartridges are made by recycling used ones; by checking them for integrity and refilling them.
Do you plan to buy a new printer this year? What do you plan to get and why? What are your printing needs? We would love to hear from you in the comments section below.